What is self managed hosting?
Self managed hosting is a way of subscribing to our service for hosting websites, and we will then hand over all the controls to you to do as you please, with certain exceptions.
What does self managed hosting involve?
Self managed hosting assumes that you have already purchased a domain name, and have the ability to take control of the domain yourself to transfer it to our service. This requires you to be able to to either edit the name servers or change the DNS records to point to us.
If that doesn't sound like you, then you probably need our managed hosting service.
What do you provide?
Our self-hosting package supplies the following:
- 500 MB web space
- 5 GB monthly bandwidth
- 10 e-mail accounts, accessible via POP3/IMAP or webmail
- 5 mySQL databases
- Custom error pages, and other tools, via .htaccess
- CGI-BIN and other scripts
- Access to statistics engines and raw logs
- Password protected directories
- Easy one-click install of many popular tools and platforms (e.g. WordPress)
- Web based control panel (cPanel, pictured right)
- Plus other, less used features, like FrontPage Extensions
What does this service cost?
£45+VAT per year.
What doesn't it include?
If you require more disk space or more bandwidth for your website than what we provide above, we will be happy to provide more at very reasonable rates. However, for the vast majority of normal websites, this will not apply.
You must own and renew your own domain name to use this service.
We reserve the right to refuse hosting to websites that do not comply with English law.
Who can I talk to?
Give us a call or send us a message. We will be happy to discuss your requirements and produce a no obligation quote.